A few years before I even I didn’t know that I’m celiac, I was served this stuffed potato with my wine at a bar. Since then I have considered that was an easy and a very good idea for a first course and not only. It’s easy and you can prepare it from the day before and keep it in the refrigerator. And when you need it, you’re simple heat it at microwave oven and serve.
All the ingredients are naturally gluten free and that makes it even easier.
You can also make it with low-fat products, for a lighter version.
Those who are fasting or are vegan can add vegan cheese and vegetables like mushrooms, which are a very good source of vegetable protein.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 4 medium potatoes
- 120 g smoked bacon or turkey, diced or chopped (4 oz.)
- 120 g gouda cheese, diced or chopped (4 oz.)
- 50 g feta cheese, grated by hand (2 oz.)
- 50 g cheese that melts well in slices or grated (optional) (2 oz.)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Salt for the inside of the potato
- Oregano, dried or fresh
- Boil the potatoes in salted water or make them at the oven (see recipe here).
- Then cut the potatoes in half and empty their insides.
- Brush their insides with melted butter and salt them if necessary.
- For stuffing, first smash the potatoes that we took out with a fork and then add all the other ingredients and mix them well.
- Stuff the empty potatoes, who are looks like little boats.
- If we want, we can also cover them with a slice or graded cheese.
- We place them in the refrigerator until we need to serve them.
- Before serving, put them in the microwave for 1 minute or in a regular oven at 150°C / 300 °F for 10-15 minutes, so that they heat up and cheese to be melt.
- We can make them the day before and keep them on refrigerator. Serve them as a first course or as an appetizer after previously heating it right before serving.
- You can stuff them with various cold cuts, but the smoked one gives a very nice taste.
- You can use any cheese you like. Preferably choose a slightly piquant flavour cheese that melts nice, such as regato, parmesan etc., if you omit the feta cheese.
- You can also add diced vegetables like peppers and mushrooms.
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!
What a better way to make easier your days, by keeping all recipes you like, organised. SHOP NOW