If you love Revani, then this “summer” version with shredded coconut will blow your mind. My mother used to make this version of revani dessert in summer.
Adding shredded coconut gave an exotic and summer note to the dessert. It’s an easy recipe because you almost beat all the ingredients together and bake. The only downside is that you have wait it for cooling before you can taste it.
With a scoop of homemade ice cream on top, it will be your summer dessert addiction!
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil (better sunflower oil or corn oil)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp baking powder
for the syrup:
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ lemon the peel
- Put the ingredients for the syrup in a pot, boil it until it thickens and let it cool down.
- Grease a pan (diameter 28cm / 11″) and sprinkle it with shredded coconut.
- In the mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar well.
- Then add the oil and then the rest of the ingredients, continuing to beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the pan and then in the oven.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F for about 40 minutes, until it gets a golden brown color on top.
- As soon as it is cooked, cut it into pieces (I cut it in rhombuses shape as I inherited from the mother) and begin to slowly poor the cold syrup (room temperature).
- Leave it for about 5-6 hours to cool down and absorb the syrup.
- Optionally, decorate it with shredded coconut on top.
- Have always in mind this rule for syrup at cake desserts: one should be cold (room temperature) and the other hot. You can have the cake hot and the syrup cold (room temperature) or the cake cold (room temperature) and the syrup hot. If both are hot, the dessert will be like mud. If both are cold, the cake will not absorb the syrup.
- It’s better to bake it from the previous day of the one you will serve it, so the coconut revani to have the time to rest, to cool down and absorb the syrup.
- With a scoop of homemade ice cream on top, is the perfect dessert that impress all your loved ones.
- You may also try the original recipe for Gluten Free Revani – Greek Semolina Cake – my mom’s Katerina recipe
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!!!
What a better way to make easier your days, by keeping all recipes you like, organised. SHOP NOW
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)