Now in the summer, zucchinis are one of the lightest vegetables and pies like this zucchini pie is a nice solution to have it on the go.
You can have it with you at the beach or at school, or at office. Of course, it is also very easy to make this recipe for zucchini pie without phyllo and without gluten. I’m very fond of zucchinis’ fry balls, but are too heavy for me and for my stomach.
So, I decided to make this recipe, for more convenience and to be quite light with less calories. It’s quite the same recipe I’ve been using for years now, for my zucchinis’ fry balls, when I had time and mood for frying.
But with this recipe, my zucchini pie is both gluten & guilt free and so easy to cook and still very delicious!
- 700 gr zucchini
- 2 medium sized onions chopped into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 tbsp of parsley
- 3 tbsp of dill
- 1 tbsp of spearmint (optional)
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sweet or hot paprika
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 10 tbsp of gluten-free flour Mix it Farina της Schär
- 250 gr of feta cheese (normal or low fat, your choice)
for the pan
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of gluten free breadcrumbs
• ADVERTISEMENT •
- We grate the zucchini on the grater, we season with salt and we leave on the strainer so it will let out it’s juices.
- In a small bowl we add the ingredients one by one (in the order that they are on the above list) and we mix them.
- We empty the mixture on a Pyrex pan 25×35, after we have first sprayed it with oil and sprinkled it with breadcrumbs.
- We spray some olive oil on top.
- We bake it in preheated oven at 180°C / 350°F for about 40 min.
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!