Although it’s a belief that ice cream is the must-have dessert of the summer, I think is all-weather must-have dessert.
I ‘ve learned this recipe from my niece several years ago when she was still a student. Quick, easy, delicious with the only drawback that you eat a larger portion and that you have it whenever you want…
- 1 can whipped cream*
- 1 can sweetened concentrated milk
- 1 small can concentrated milk
- ½ stick of vanilla or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Beat the whipped cream with a mixer until it becomes foamy and doubles Its volume.
- Then add the sweetened consented milk and continuing beating
- Finally add the can consented milk and vanilla seeds. (Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the inside to collect the vanilla seeds)
- Place the mixture in a plastic or metal container for ice cream and put it in the freezer until it freezes. About 4-6 hours.
- Use a wide container to freeze the ice cream faster.
- Also when you put the mixture in the container and before putting it in the freezer you can add chocolate chips and you will have stracciatella ice cream or cherry sauce (as for cheese cake) or caramel in various places or grated cookies.
- But an amazing idea is to place it on top of Gluten Free Revani – Greek Semolina Cake – my mom’s Katerina amazing recipe.
*whipped cream in a can: In Greece, we have also, this type of cream that is an ideal for making sweets such as ice creams, chilled sweets etc. It is easy to use – all you need to do is to add icing sugar or sweetened concentrated milk and beat for 5 minutes in a simple hand mixer. It contains vegetable fats and milk. One packing is 250 gr makes up approximately 750 ml of cream. The most well known in Greece are Morfat, Ermol & Jotis. It has the same texture as coconut cream as you can see at photo below. So you can use coconut cream if you are lactose intolerance.
Good Luck and Bon Appétit!!!