I can’t think that there is a person who can resist pizza; especially when it is a fluffy soft hot pizza. My whole family eats this gluten-free pizza regardless of not having celiac disease. There is not much difference in taste, which is why the quantity I give you is for the large baking pan.
- 500 gr. gluten-free flour
- 1 sachet dry yeast (9-10 gr.)
- 1 tbsp sugar (15 gr.)
- 2 tbsp lukewarm water (30 ml)
- 1 cup of Greek yoghurt (200 ml)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of lukewarm water (250 ml)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper with red paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, make a well in the center and add yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water.
- Cover the bowl with either a towel or cling film and let it rest in a relatively warm place until the dough raises and the yeast has been activated. Alternatively, you can place it in the oven at 50°C/120°Ffor 15 minutes.
- Then add all the ingredients and mix either in the mixer or with a whisk (like I do because I can not stand the noise of the mixer J). The dough becomes stiff but we cannot shape it by hand. (photo)
- Grease the baking pan and spread the mixture onto it with the help of an oiled spatula (photo).
- Place it in the oven at 75°C/165°F and wait 20 minutes for the mixture to rise and quite double its size.
- When is ready, place any toppings you like on the dough and bake it for approximately 20 minutes at about 200°C/400°F.
- This recipe is for a large oven pan, so not to have to cook another meal for those who don’t have coeliac, all family can eat it without complaining about it.
- When we use a yogurt container (200 ml / 6,8 oz), we also use it as a measuring cup for liquids and if we fill it to the very top, it equals the amount of a glass (250ml / 8 oz).
- For sauce, you can also use any leftover of spaghetti sauce.
- To prevent the mushrooms from burning, it’s a good idea to put them in the sauce or under the cheese.
- Usually the foods that are made with gluten-free flour, goes bad the next day. But this pizza is just as good the next day as long as it is warmed up in the microwave first.
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!