It’s summer, I am at the beach, swimming and sunbathing and feeling a bit self-conscious of my not-so-skinny body. But I quickly get over it; my cooking is so great and I can’t help loving and enjoying the food I cook! 😀
I have fresh summer fruits with me to snack before lunch on the beach, but I’m already dreaming of succulent fruit pies! So, Diet another day! Let’s make a pie!
Peaches and nectarines are plenty in summer, so… it will be a peach pie!
- 5-6 nectarines or peaches cut in slices
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (preferably brown)
- 1 1/5 cups gluten-free flour (self-raising)
- 1 cup milk
- Vanilla (1 tsp liquid or 1/2 of a stick or 2 tbsp vanilla sugar or whatever vanilla you want, almost double the quantity of the amount you put in a cake)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Sugar and butter for the pan
- Preheat the oven at 180°C / 350°F.
- Butter the pan (approximately 23x32cm / 9”X13”) and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Cut the nectarines or peaches into slices, place them in the pan and put them in the oven as it warming up.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix them all.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 180°C / 350°F for 30-40 min.
Depending on the quality of the fruit -how fresh and juicy it is- and on the thickness of the slices, the fruits may rise well up to the rim of the pan or remain low or somewhere in between during baking.
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!