We’ve all notice that ready-made breaded products are crispier than our homemade ones.
It all started because I wanted to make my own chicken nuggets instead of the ready-made frozen product. I had seen a documentary on TV about how they overinflate chicken by water.
So, I decided that i didn’t want my children to eat that kind of food again.
See below how you can make your own crunchy crispy nuggets.
- thinly sliced chicken breast or pork meat
- 2 parts gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 part polenta
- gluten-free all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices or small pieces if you want them for chicken nuggets. Beat the pork to make it fluffy. If you don’t have a similar tool, take a thick tea mug and hit the meat with the bottom of it.
- Prepare the following dishes:
- 1 with lukewarm water
- 1 with the gluten-free flour
- 1 with the egg and the mustard (for every 1 egg, put ½ tbsp of mustard. The mustard, apart from the taste, helps to remove the smell of the egg.)
- with the mixture of breadcrumbs, polenta, salt and pepper.
- Pass the thin slices of chicken or pork meat successively through the plates, in the order I wrote them above and then fry them in plenty of oil on medium to high heat.
- If we want, we fry them all and freeze them. So, it will ready just to defrost them.
- I usually buy 1.5 kg of chicken breasts, breading them all and freeze the 2/3 of all. So, they are ready to cook them another day. As they are thinly sliced you don’t have to defrost them, you put them directly to the fryer.
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!
What a better way to make easier your days, by keeping all recipes you like, organised. SHOP NOW
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)