Gluten-free Bakaliaros Skordalia – a Traditional Greek Recipe for Battered-Fried Salted Cod with Garlic Dip for the celebration of 25th of March, which almost all Greece eats on this day. Favorite food or meze also, for ouzo in summer and every season. The only thing that isn’t easy about this recipe is finding certified gluten-free salted cod.
Of course, the recipe can also be made with fresh fish or frozen cod fillets. Try them with this batter and enjoy the crunchy “crunch” it makes when you bite them. Eat the gluten-free skordalia at the same time and elevate your taste.
- Salted cod or fresh or frozen cod
- Gluten-free batter
- Oil for frying
- Skordalia with walnuts and gluten-free bread
- Make the gluten-free batter as recipe says.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper (optional)
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Caution! Don’t expect it to turn pink like with conventional flour, but it will take on its color.
- Serve with Skordalia with walnuts and gluten-free bread.
- Optionally serve French fries, ouzo or retsina.
Before you start frying, add some salt to the oil so that it has less sizzle.
Good Luck and Bon Appétit!