It’s easier for me to cook crepes than French fries.
Having a variation of sweet or savoury or both, of what you can fill in them, makes me easier to satisfy my whole family, who each one, prefers different filling.
It’s an ideal dish for breakfast, brunch but it can also become a first course at dinner.
You can prepare them a day before with a filling of cheese or minced meat or whatever you want, put it in a fireproof pan, place it in the refrigerator and just before serving, heat them for 10-15 minutes in the oven until the cheese melts.
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch of vanilla
- 2 tbsp. butter for the pan
- Mix all the ingredients and let the mixture stand for about an hour.
- In a non-stick pan, put a little butter to burn and with the help of a cup or a ladle, pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan and spread it to cover the pan with a thin layer.
- As soon as it is ready, you can see that will start to come off at the sides of the pan, so we turn it onto the other side.
- Continue like this for the entire mixture.
- Every 5-7 crepes, spread a little butter in the pan for greasing it so help the crepes not to stick at the pan.
- It will make about 30 crepes (depends on the size of the pan).
- Then fill them with whatever we want, for ex. chocolate spread, jelly, honey, cheese, ham, etc. and serve!
- If 30 crepes are too much for you & your family, put the rest in the freezer to have them ready to use for next time. I use to divide them into 3-5 crepes with greaseproof paper between them. It’s more convince because you may want 3-5 at a time.
- A good idea is to fill them with cheese and ham, place them in a baking pan in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese melts. And this will be a great first course dish or an appetizer.
- You can also fill & bake them as cannelloni with a minced meat filling and tomato sauce with cheese on top.
- As dessert idea, fills them with seasonal fruit, grated almonds and chocolate chips. Tip: reheat them in the microwave oven before serving, for melting the chocolate chips.
Good Luck & Bon Appétit!